If you want to ask questions and get information about surf and travel to Chicama please joing us on Face Book or siemply whrite us.
Weather-Sun year round, with some cloudy days in the months of June,July and August.
Surf swells all year long!!! There are waves year round; however the longer 1 km plus waves usually happen between April to September.
Open to all levels. There are a few fat sections with breck on sandy bottom making it perfect for beginners. But there are also hollow barrel sections that are geared more for advanced surfers.
The beach is almost 100 percent sandy; with only a few odd rocky corners.
You need wetsuit (3/2) to surf here. Especially May, June, July, August, September.
Surf current.-It is very storm at this area in Peru we do normally walk to the surf spots in order to get cath more waves.
Surf Sweel are south to north from May to November after that North swells start to hit this area until April
Tide.- It is not a issue at Chicama! Most of the time only gets up or down 15 to meters normally weird but happen some times the tide can rise to more 20 meters
Wind.- It is not a problem as it is of shore wind but for you to surf early mornies are best time in Chicama area.
There are numerous surf spots around Chicama; Pacasmayo and Huanchaco being the most popular. Some can be accessed with a car. Some are more secret and definitely require a guide.
Surfboard rentals are only offered by 3 places in town and selection is limited. Chicama Surf Camp Peru offeres a wide selection of boards. Plus you can contact us prior to your trip for any custom board orders or other special requests.
Stand up paddle rental is offered by Chicama Surf Camp.
While informal surf lessons are available in town. Chicama Surf Camp offers lessons from certified instructors with years of proven teaching experience.
Surf Photography is available upon request.
Tourist information :
Chicama Surf Camp offers the only money exchange in town as there are no banks or ATMs located in Chicama.
Trujillo is the nearest big city.
Trujillo airport is the nearest airport
The only English speaking taxi service in town is operated by Chicama Surf Camp
There is only 1 internet cafe in town
We have an established track record in terms of food service. Our flagship location My Surf Camp Peru in Punta Hermosa has over 14 years of proven quality home cooked meals (check us out on online), and we bring that same level of service to Chicama Surf Camp.
The last thing you want to deal with while traveling is stuck in your room battling a foreign bacteria in your stomach.
2. %50 deposit it is a must before your arrival to the surf camp . Pay your balance on your your arrival ate the camp .
3. There is not money refund for any cancelation
4. Exchange Dollars in our camp is going to be five point more than normal as we need to exchange it again and get lower exchange in Chicama .
5. Renting surf boards and wetsuit . There are not many places and not a big selection in renting boards at Chicama . The cost for renting surf equipment must have different prices depending on the quaility and conservation of the equiment.
6. If you rent a surf equipment you are responsable for that . Breaking it you must have to pay the reparation and an extra price for all the days that the surf boards can not be use and all the extra cost like transportation, time, etc.
7.You also need to leave with us a passaport copy. -As many people for all around the were like to leave withoup paying.
8.Copy of your passaport would be use here and the police station. -We will post your passport picture with your name and nationality with a history of your action here in our surf camp .
9.We have many surf trip running to all Peru . -We are happy to take you to all the best surf spots but We are not responsable for swells and weather so please do not try to pay less money or not pay at all .Only becase there is not sun or it was windy days. Advance surfers know that this happen all the time . Repit We can not manage the swells or weather.
10. Renting a room on the surf camp. -You can rent a room through booking.com or other websides to be in our surf camps , but you are not hire surf camp services. In order to have a surf camp service you need to book with time in advance as we need to hire surf tours guides, surf instructors, and get all what you need. Other than that we would think that you want to hire a room and do all by your self . PLease do not rent a room and try to jump in our surf camp services for less money than the people that is paying for surf trips and surf camp.It is a very anconfortable situation.
11. Bargain in Peru .- There are places to bargain in Peru . You must know that Peruvian do not bargain every where in Peru . For example we can not go to a hotel, restorant, mall, etc...to bargain.. Becase look root, stingy from you to bargain there. You can bargain at the street with Taxis that are not formal, black markets, cheap places. etc.